Historic houses in polish city
Wroclaw is a city that combines modernity with great historical and important places for the history of our country. Therefore, tourists wandering around the city can enjoy the modern means of transport, and at the same time admire the architectural monuments of Wroclaw from various centuries. You may even find that in different historic buildings wrocławia recorded the history of this city and the whole country. Some of them come because of the baroque and Gothic, and others are relatively young, because it dates back to the nineteenth and early twentieth century. One of these buildings are religious buildings, where the sightseeing you can spend a few days, and others from different periods Wroclaw tenements.
Lower Silesia - need to see
The international airport is located in Wrocław - Wrocław ? Copernicus Airport.
The A4 motorway and A18 motorway run through Lower Silesia.
Lower Silesia is one of the most visited regions in Poland. It is famous for a large number of castles and palaces (more than 100), inter alia: Książ Castle, Czocha Castle, Grodziec castle, Gola Dzierżoniowska Castle. There is also a lot in the Jelenia Góra valley.
The most widely visited city is Wrocław.
The Festival of Good Beer is held every year on the second weekend of June.
Other highlights: Kłodzko Fortress, Fort Silberberg, Project Riese, Wambierzyce, Legnickie Pole, Oleśnica Mała, Lubiąż Abbey, Krzeszów, Henryków, Vang stave church, Churches of Peace, Mount Ślęża, Table Mountains, Owl Mountains, Karkonosze, The Main Trail Sudetes, Barycz Valley Landscape Park.
Wroclaw tourist hotspots
Ostrów Tumski is the oldest part of the city of Wrocław. It was formerly an island (ostrów in Old Polish) known as the Cathedral Island between the branches of the Oder River, featuring the Wrocław Cathedral built originally in the mid 10th century.
The 13th century Main Market Square (Rynek) prominently displays the Old Town Hall. In the north-west corner of the market square there is the St. Elisabeth's Church (Bazylika Św. Elżbiety) with its 91,46 m tower, which has an observation deck (75 m). North of the church are the Shambles with Monument of Remembrance of Animals for Slaughter (pl). Salt Square (now a flower market) is located at the south-western corner of the market square. Close to the square, between Szewska and Łaciarska streets, there is the St. Mary Magdalene Church (Kościół Św. Marii Magdaleny) established in the 13th century.
The Centennial Hall (Hala Stulecia; German: Jahrhunderthalle) designed by Max Berg in 1911?1913 is a World Heritage Site inscribed by UNESCO in 2006.